One of the best things I did last year was starting to use a vertical Forever Calendar that allowed me to see the entire year at a glance. Having it framed in my office helped me see the bigger picture: when would I have time to launch a new product? When would a 5-day vacation fit in? When did we have time for guests to visit?
Framing the design allowed me to use erasable pens for easy organization, even a piece of washi tape looks great and is easy to remove. As I started sharing the design with my audience I started getting requests to add it to my shop….so I did! And the best part? I put it through three rounds of feedback which led to the idea of making the vertical layout into The Forever Calendar, one that you can use year after year! I love this idea for many reasons:
- It aligns well with my mission to reduce waste in the planner + calendar industry.
- It allows you to add important dates, birthdays, or anniversaries directly onto the print so that they transfer over year after year.
- Lets you start using the calendar at any point throughout the year (just start with the current month).
- Lets you decide if you want the days identified on the calendar and how you’d like to format it.
Today is the official launch of The Forever Calendar, so I wanted to share a few of the tips and products I’ve enjoyed while using this design for the past year.
- Frame it! The print is 20 inches x 30 inches. Glass is nice, plexiglass also works. I love this natural wood frame, but Amazon has a lot of great options at various price points.
- Use fine-tip erasable markers. My favorites are Staedtler Correctable Pens. These ones are great because they have a fine tip that allows you to write neatly on the calendar, but also only erases with the eraser attached to the pen bottom, so you don’t accidentally wipe things off. I like this set of 4 colors ($10), but you can also buy all black if you plan to keep it simple (they also offer an all black set of 10 if you wanna go wild).
- Use washi tape to add an additional element of organization to your calendar. Washi tape is meant to be easily removable, so it doesn’t leave a film on the glass, is easy to move around, and is typically semi-transparent, as well, which gives it a nice look on The Forever Calendar. My favorite brand is MT Washi Tape, which you can find on Amazon or in many stores. I love this minimalist beige one, as well as this mint, and this coral. You can find it in almost any color or pattern to match your brand or home aesthetic. Have fun with it!
- Need to organize a few years in the future? Get a few calendars. I love the idea of having 3, 4, or even 5 of these framed on my office wall. I’m offering sets of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 at discounted rates if you’d like to try this or give them as gifts! I love the idea of writing important family dates on them and giving them as gifts.
The ways you can customize and organize The Forever Calendar are really endless, and I can’t wait to see how you utilize yours. Make sure to tag me on Instagram @Thyme_is_Honey and enjoy 10% off your entire purchase when you use code HONEY at checkout. As with all of my new products, I’m planting a tree for every single purchase, in order to help make these products truly eco-friendly and sustainable.
Cheers to a wonderful year ahead!