Instagram has the built-in ability to save your edited image, caption, and all tags as a draft, so that it is prepped and ready to post at an ideal time. This can be really helpful when you’re managing a business account because it allows you to prepare the content ahead of time, but publish it at a time when your audience is online. This tutorial will show you how to do this natively within the Instagram app.
Steps for Saving a Draft in Instagram:
- Open the Instagram App and prepare your post as you normally would.
- Once you finish typing the caption and adding all relevant tags, click on the “back arrow” in the upper left corner (instead of the blue SHARE button in the upper right as you normally would if you wanted to publish this post).
- This will take you back to the image editing page. Once again click the “back arrow” in the upper left corner.
- You will now get a message that says you can either DELETE the post or SAVE DRAFT.
- Select SAVE DRAFT.
- Instagram has now saved your edited/cropped image, along with your caption.
- When you are ready to post just open the app, and when selecting your photo you’ll see your saved post under DRAFT