I’ve gotten several requests to start sharing more outfit inspiration and shopping guides again. I’ve always loved putting together outfit boards but they can be a bit time consuming and so the feature has fallen off over the years. I thought a good way to get back into the habit would be to share items that I have recently added to my closet, along with an item or two that is on my wishlist. I also share a lot of outfit inspo on my Instagram Story, so make sure you’re following me there if you dig this kind of content. Below are my selections for July 2017.
To help you with selecting styles and sizes I’m providing my size profile and have listed the sizes I ordered for each item.
Size Profile: Height – 5″2 and my measurements are 32″ (bust), 25″ (waist) and 37″ (hips). My inseam is 29″.
- Express Mid Rise Distressed Ankle Jean ($88) – I recently asked my pal and fellow short-gal, Downtown Blondie, what kind of jeans she loves and she directed me to Express. Fortunately all denim at Express is currently Buy One Get the 2nd pair for $9 (seriously)! I hadn’t shopped at Express in probably 10 years but decided to give their jeans a try. Now I’m totally in love. If you’re short and curvy you are in for a treat. Their petite/short denim is perfect for my 29″ inseam, and the mid or high rise styles do a great job of fitting my waist and hips without gaping. If you’re wondering, the 2nd pair I picked out were these Eco-Friendly High Waisted Stretch Ankle Jeans. SIZE PURCHASED: 2 SHORT
- Aerie Plaid Shirt ($29.96) – Aerie is currently having a sale and I couldn’t say no to this super soft flannel (or the gray sweater featured below). Its never too early to start planning your outfits for Labor Day weekend, am I right? SIZE PURCHASED: SMALL
- Superga 2750 Cotu Sneaker ($63) – I really wanted a basic pair of white sneakers for short bike trips around town, but also wanted them to be comfortable enough to walk a few miles in. Superga was suggested a few times and I am really happy with them. Now I just need to get over the anxiety of wearing white sneakers! SIZE PURCHASED: 6
- Athleta Box Jump Tank ($39.99) – Athleta’s big sale is going on now, and since I recently finished the first month of my weightlifting program I decided to reward myself with a few new workout tanks. Plus, get an extra 20% off through midnight tonight when you enter EXTRA20 at checkout! SIZE PURCHASED: XS
- Aerie Wide Sleeve Cardi ($37.46) – When you work from home I think a lot of people assume that you live in lounge wear. That’s not the case for me. I like to get fully dressed (shoes and all!) before heading to my office. However, now that I’ve been doing a 1-hour work out in the middle of the day I’ve found that occasionally I like to get up, put on leggings, a workout tank and loafers, and like to have a light layer to throw on over it that looks put together for coffee runs and walking the dog. This Aerie Cardi is perfect! SIZE PURCHASED: XS/S
- Madewell Transport Tote ($168) – I absolutely LOVE bags from Madewell and I’ve had my eye on their Transport Tote for years. I never bought it because I always had at least two computer bags hanging around, even though I didn’t really love any of them. When we moved I got rid of all the ones I had, and have just been using my Fjallraven backpack when I need to transport my work stuff around town. However, I’m hoping to invest in this timeless bag sooner rather than later. SIZE PURCHASED: N/A