One can live boldly in many ways. You can be bold in your actions. In your goals. In your sense of style. I prefer to be bold in most aspects of my life, and that boldness tends to just flow right over into what I wear. You’ll rarely catch me without a bold lip, but I also love accessorizing with bright pops of color. Royal blue and orangey-reds are my go-tos when it comes to bright accessories, but I’m not one to shy away from a neon coral in the summer months. Here are my notes for living a bold life, starting today:
1. Find a mentor – If you don’t have one in real life, find one in books. One that lives life without fear of failure. I just finished reading Leave your Mark: Land Your Dream Job. Kill It in Your Career. Rock Social Media. by Aliza Licht and I have basically recommended it to everyone I’ve encountered this week. I also motivate myself with podcasts. My current favorite is The Lively Show. I listen to it when I’m in the car, walking the dog or doing my makeup in the morning. Aliza and Jess both serve as mentors to me (even though they don’t know who I am).
2. Set goals – You should have a list of 5-10 BIG goals you want to accomplish this year, but each morning you should also take time to write down your goals and intentions for the day. Writing them down makes you approximately 10.7 million times more likely to take action (<— very scientific fact). Obviously I suggest my notepads for helping in this department.
3. Push yourself to try new things – Step back and assess what you’ve done lately. Are you the exact same person with the same skills and same hobbies that you had 5 or 10 years ago? If so, GET MOVING. Life’s too short. Sign up for a class. Join a team. Attend a free event. Volunteer. (I just joined as a volunteer with Fetch Wisconsin, I recommend it if you’re in the area!)
4. Buy something you wouldn’t normally wear – Just trust me on this one. If you buy something that is outside of your comfort zone (a leather jacket, 4 inch heels, bright pink lipstick) you might just find yourself feeling more adventures when you put that item on. For example, I’ve been wearing these coral flats from Cents of Style, a great site for finding affordable summer fashion. I always find myself with a little bit more energy + zip when I’m prancing around town in them.
5. Take charge of your health – Once you feel confident and in control of your own health, you’ll find that other aspects of your life fall in line. Teach yourself how to nourish your body properly (I loved the book Hungry for Change), and get exercise. You don’t need a gym membership, a dvd, or equipment. Just move more and be active in ways that you enjoy.
From the post: neon flats / j.crew hat / gap gray jeans (also love these ones)/ woodbury lane tank top (the best! also have it in white) / yves saint laurent rouge volupte lipstick in coral incandescent / target belt (old, similar)
Sponsored post: the neon flats were generously provided for this post courtesy of Cents of Style but opinions and content are from my own brain. Free stuff is great, but I only take time to feature the stuff that I think is awesome/adorable/hilarious.